If you haven’t read the post on crescentine yet click here. In this post I will show you two non traditional toppings for crescentine. These sauces are also perfect as side dish with bread.
Hummus is one of my favourite healthy spreads which I tend to buy ready made in the supermarket. It’s so easy to make and it takes a few ingredients so no excuse for not making it myself really 🙂
- can of pre-cooked chick peas
- small part of a chili, chopped & without the seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- clove of garlic finely pressed
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- a pinch of red tahini
Tool: small hand mixer
Place all the ingredients except for the tahini in a mixing bowl and mix together with the handmixer. Empty the content in a representative bowl and dress with a swirl of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of tahini. Dive in!
- 500 grams 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 or 2 clove(s) of garlic finely pressed
- 1/4 cucumber finely chopped
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Choose a nice bowl and add all the ingredients together. Finish off with a nice swirl of extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy this fresh sauce!