A lovely velvet cream. A typical dessert which can be found on every Italian restaurant menu. A lovely velvet cream best served with some red summer fruits. There are many varieties you can make and many varieties to be found in countries all over the world. For the creative people: It’s even possible to mix in some fruit or chocolate within the cream to create an even more impressive looking dessert! I’ve chosen for red currant and blueberries. The currants have been around Europe since the 16th Century.They provide a high doses of vitamine C.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 250 milliliters of whipped cream
- 1 vanilla stick (or 10 grams of artificial vanilla sugar)
- 50 grams sugar
- 4 leaves of gelatine
- fruit for decoration
- 4 small, deep dishes to serve
- Warm up the whipped cream, add the vanilla and leave on the stove for about 10 minutes (please do not let it boil)
- Soak the 2 gelatine leaves in some cold water
- Add the sugar to the cream and vanilla mix
- Take the vanilla, sugar and cream mix from the stove. Add the gelatine and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the dishes in which you wish to serve and leave the mixture to cool off in the window sill.
- Place the serving dishes in the refrigerator for four hours.
- Ready to serve with some red fruit! Enjoy!
You might also like: