The story of love and pizza. When I just met my husband, the first meal he made for me was pizza. I remember being very impressed. Homemade pizza fresh from the oven! The smell is just so inviting.
This particular version is not made with homemade pizza dough, here I used a fresh ready made dough. It’s just great how you can vary with toppings. In this version I used thinly sliced mushrooms, basil leafs, black olives, ham, cheese salt and pepper.
Ingredients (serves 4 slices)
- pizza dough, ready made but fresh (this one comes with red tomato sauce)
- a couple of black olives cut in half
- a handful of basil leafs
- 8 fresh mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 slices of ham shredded in little pieces (leave this out if you are vegetarian)
- a handful of grated cheese
Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius. Line the baking tin with baking foil and roll out the pizza dough. Top with red tomato sauce. Add all of the above ingredients except for the grated cheese. Put the pizza in the oven for 15 minutes. Add the grated cheese and leave for another 5 minutes. Buon appetito!
Oh and I wasn’t fast enough to take a picture of the whole pizza slice 😉