String beans (or green beans as some would say), now in peak season! These little green friends are a perfect ingredient in a summer salad.
This recipe requires quite a bit of chopping so don’t make this salad if you are in a hurry 😀
Ingredients (serves 2 adults)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 125 grams chopped bacon
- bunch of red radish for decoration
- 2 handfuls of small, ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups of quinoa
- 400 grams fresh string beans, washed and finely sliced
- extra virgin olive oil/ mushroom olive oil
- sea salt, pepper and rosemarin for seasoning
* You can replace the bacon with a vegetarian bacon
Bake the chopped bacon without any oil or butter. Set aside once they are crispy. Add the chopped zucchini to the grease left from the bacon in the baking pan and fry them for about 8 minutes. Add a little pepper.
In the meantime cook the fresh string beans in salted, boiling water. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
Rinse and cook the quinoa accordingly.
Slice the tomatoes in half and season with pepper, salt and rosemarin. Squeeze the garlic on top and add a pinch of mushroom oil. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
Mix all the ingredients and squeeze some lemon juice on top. You can decorate the salad with little radish flowers.How to make a decoration in radish